The Dyne:bolic project is one of the few operating systems recommended by the GNU project, it is part of the Linux audio consortium and has been nominated among the top 10 open source projects in 2005.
In its lifespan this project has been redistributed by several magazines and publications all across the world, it has been adopted by diverse projects in various universities, community initiatives, medialabs and public institutions around the World.
No production or merchandising was ever planned for the distribution of this system, still as of today we count more than 1 million copies on printed CDs all around the world. How?
- Community sharing
- Educational institutions
- Local business development
- Printed magazines also focusing on security and gaming
This is what we call the Power of Freedom!
Among the others, dyne:bolic is redistributed by:
- Free Software Foundation (USA)
- Ircam, Centre Pompidou (FR)
- Providence Univ. Taichung (TW)
- Tecnhische Univ. Ilmenau (DE)
- Netherlands Unix User Group (NL)
- Instituto de Computação Uni de Campinas (BR)
- Heraklion University Crete (GR)
- Ibiblio public library
….and many many others.